2014 Massey Ferguson 8600 Series Row Crop MF 8690 - 340 HP
Tons of power, comfort and efficiency. Not an ounce of quit.
The new Tier 4i Massey Ferguson® 8600 Series tractors are the most advanced row crop tractors in existence.
• Expanded power to handle the toughest jobs – the new 8690 is the largest row crop tractor ever produced by Massey Ferguson.
• The most productive transmission in its class.
• Second generation Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system – providing best in class emissions technology and maximized fuel efficiency.
• The largest cab in the industry.
AGCO Power Engine - One of the most powerful row crop tractors available.
The Massey Ferguson 8600 ranges from 205 PTO horsepower to 275 PTO horsepower and up to 350 maximum ISO engine horsepower. Designed not only to meet upcoming emission standards, but to do it more economically than ever before. Our 8.4L AGCO Power engine works hard to satisfy you and Mother Nature.
Operator Environment - One of the largest, quietest, most comfortable cabs in its class.
The panoramic cab of our Massey Ferguson® 8600 Series offers exclusive, optional OptiRide Plus cab suspension, a standard air-suspended swivel seat and improved ergonomic controls. Every detail in your working environment is designed to give you more comfort, convenience and control in one of the quietest cab in the industry at 71dBA.
Visionary control arm technology - The world at your fingertips is no longer just an expression.
A highlight of the MF8600 Series is the seat-mounted control arm that puts all key functions – including electronic control of up to six hydraulic remote valves – literally right where your fingertips want them to be. The control arm also includes an advanced ISOBUS-based Control Center Display, which includes video capability, as well as integrated control of any ISOBUS-compliant equipment.
All major tractor and implement controls are sensibly located on the right console or on the seat-mounted control arm that moves with the operator. That includes the new Control Center Display that provides a user-friendly interface with a wide variety of tractor and implement functions.
Unparalleled picture window visibility - A clean, four-post structure and more than 67 sq. ft (6.2m2) of glass mean unequalled visibility. A purposeful layout and superb, intuitively placed instrumentation, complete this extraordinary work environment.
Dyna-VT Transmission - State-of-the-art Dynamic Tractor Management System coupled with Dyna-VT™ CVT transmission.
This cooperative combination works like a dream, providing clutchless operation as well as the ability (when Dynamic Tractor Management is activated) to control both the engine speed and transmission ratio automatically. The engine runs at lower speeds, thereby reducing fuel consumption, and automatically analyzes and reacts to the load and power needed for each specific job.
e3 - Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) - The most advanced e3 clean air technology.
Our Massey Ferguson® 8600 Series have upgraded e3 Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) clean air technology – and deliver compliance without compromise. This thoroughly proven process converts the Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) gasses that normally exit the exhaust into nitrogen and water, making it the cleanest tractor in the industry.
3-Point Hitch - The highest capacity front and rear 3-point hitch in its class.
Our innovative front axle support casting allows the use of a fully integrated 3-point hitch that’s stronger and more compact, improving lift capacity and ground clearance.
- PTO HP @ 2,200 rated engine rpm (kW): 290 (216)
- ISO engine HP @ 2,200 rated engine rpm (kW): 340 (254)
- Maximum ISO engine HP @ 2,000 engine rpm (kW): 370 (276)
- Rated speed (rpm): 2,200
- Maximum torque rise: 54%
- Maximum power bulge: 15%
- Type - standard: AGCO SISU Power w/ e3 clean air technology
- Type - optional: AGCO SISU Power IEGR
- Number of cylinder: 6
- Aspiration: Turbocharged w/ air/air intercooler
- Type of cooling: Liquid cooling
- Displacement liters (CID): 8.4 (514)
- Compression ratio: 16.7 : 1
- Fuel injection system: Bosch Electric CP 3.3 CRIN 2/8 holes
- Fuel: Diesel
- Fuel filter: Replaceable oil filter
- Lubrication system: Gear pump at bottom of timing gear
- Starting aid: Thermostart
- Alternator / battery (standard): 240 amps / 12V
- Alternator / battery (optional): 160 amps / 12V
- Battery Amperage V/ Ah/ CCA: 105 A/h
- Type: Dyna-VT with Dynamic Tractor Management (DTM) 25 mph (40 kph)
- Field speed range: 0.02 - 17 mph Forward and 0.02 - 10 mph Reverse (0.03 - 28 km/h Forward and 0.03 - 16 km/h Reverse)
- Road speed range: 0.02 - 25 mph Forward and 0.02 - 24 mph Reverse (0.03 - 40 km/h Forward and 0.03 - 38 km/h Reverse)
- Road speed range - 50 kph -optional: Optional - 0.02 - 30 mph Forward and 0.02 - 24 mph Reverse (0.03 - 50 km/h Forward and 0.03 - 38 km/h Reverse)
- Speed forward: Infinite
- Cruise control speeds: 2
- 4-wheel drive differential lock: Standard - full-locking, electrohydraulic standard
- 4-wheel drive engagement: Electrohydraulic
- 4-wheel drive maximum steering angle: 55°
- Quadlink front axle suspension: Optional
- Quadlink differential lock: Standard - full-locking, electrohydraulic
- System type: Closed Center Load Sensing (CCLS)
- Total flow rate - US standard gallon (L): 46 (175)
- Maximum pressure PSI (bar): 2,900 (200)
- Available flow rate per spool valves gpm (L/min): 26.4 (100)
- Remotes - standard / optional: Standard - 2 fingertip spool valves and 2 joystick spool valves; Optional - up to 4 fingertip spool valves and 2 joystick spool valves
- Category 3: Standard
- Stabilizers: Sway block
- Maximum lift capacity through full stroke lb. (kg): 22,760 (10,323)
- Speed - standard rpm: 1,000/1,000E
- Speed - optional rpm: 540E/1,000E
- Cab glass area ft² (m²): 67.3 (6.22)
- Noise level dB(A): 71
- OptiRide hydraulic suspended cab: Standard
- OptiRide Plus hydraulic suspended cab: Optional
- Operator seat - air suspension: Standard
- Transmission control(s): Right console / armrest
- Forward control(s): Left hand control
- Control Center Display (CCD): Optional
- System 150: Optional
- Wheelbase in. (mm): 122 (3,100)
- Overall length in. (mm): 215.7 (5,480)
- Maximum height over cab in. (mm): 141 (3,584)
- Approx. shipping weight lbs. (kg): 24,250 (11,023)
- Fuel tank capacity US gallon (L) w/ e3 technology: 167 (630)
- DEF (AdBlue) usable tank capacity US gallon (L) (optional): 16 (60)
- Engine Manufacturer
- Engine Type
- AGCO SISU Power w/ e3 clean air technology
- 340 hp (239 kW)
- PTO HP
- 290 hp (205 kW)
- Rated RPM
- 2,200 rpm
- Bore and Stroke
- 4.3 x 5.7 in.
- 122 in. (3,100 mm)
- Over Cab: 141 in. (3,584 mm)
- 24,250 lb. (11,023 kg)
- Fuel System
- Bosch high pressure common rail, electronic injectors with variable injection timing and duration
- Fuel Capacity
- 167 gal. (630 L)
- Dyna-VT with Dynamic Tractor Management (DTM) 25 mph (40 kph)
- Wet disc
- Type: Closed Center Load Sensing (CCLS); Total Flow Rate: 46 gal. (175 L)
- Drive Type
- Standard: 4WD full-locking, electrohydraulic