2013 Ferris IS® 500Z Series - 27 HP, 52" Deck
The IS® 500Z is bar none the best value in its class! Featuring Ferris’ patented suspension technology the IS® 500Z will mow more lawn in less time. And to make you even more productive, several accessories are available for your mower. We dare you to find another mower that can compare to the affordability and reliability of the Ferris IS® 500Z.
- Aluminum Spindles: Features greaseable aluminum spindles for longer useable life
- Acres Per Hour: Mows up to 4 acres per hour, based on 80% efficiency.
- Belt & Pulleys: Double A-section belt and cast-iron pulleys are more durable than competitors and can handle extreme load capacity.
- Briggs & Stratton Professional Series™: The Professional Series™ is a professional line of fully featured engines designed to deliver world-class endurance and power. With commercial-grade features the Professional Series delivers enhanced power, easy starting, smoother and quieter operation, long life, and professional results.
- Cut Height: Adjusts from 1.5"-4.5" in 1/4" increments
- Elevated Hydro Reservoir: Mounted away from the heat of the engine.
- iCD Cutting System: The iCD Cutting System allows for superior airflow, discharge and cut quality.
- Patented Suspension: Patented suspension system dramatically increases quality of cut over competitive fixed frame units.
- Pillow Block Bearing on Control Mount: Makes for long lasting smooth controls.
- Twin Pumps and Wheel Motors: Allows for more power in a low pressure system
- Power (HP) / Make: 27 gross HP Briggs & Stratton Professional Series
- PTO: Electric
- Cylinders: 2, V-twin
- Starting: Electric
- Fuel Capacity (total): 5.5 gallons
- Cutting Width (in.): 52 side discharge
- Cutting Height (in.): 1.5 - 4.5
- Deck Construction: iCD Cutting System
- Spindles: Aluminum Greaseable
- Suspension: 4-wheel
- Transmission: Dual hydro pumps & wheel motors
- Drive Axles: 1.25" Tapered
- Drive Tires (in.): 22 x 10 x 10, 4 ply
- Caster Tires (in.): 11 x 4
- Speeds-fwd. (mph): 0 - 8
- Speeds-rev. (mph): 0 - 4
- Overall Length: 80"
- Overall width (in.) deflector down / deflector up (model): 64”/ 53”
- Dry Weight (lbs.): 1015
- Seat Package: Contour Seat
- Certified Roll-over Protection System: Standard
- Instrumentation: Hour meter, Fuel gauge
- Controls / Safety Group: Seat activated engine kill, clutch safety switch, neutral and parking brake safety circuit.
- Parking Brake / Safety Circuit: Drum
- Flat-Free Caster Tire
- Light Kit
- Trailer Hitch Kit
- Engine: 2-Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty (residential use), 1-Year (commercial use)
- Transmission: 2-Year Limited Warranty
- Balance of Machine: 4 Years (48 months) or 500 hours, whichever occurs first. Unlimited hours during the first 2 years (24 months). Belts, tires, brake pads, hoses, battery, blades: 90 days.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Briggs & Stratton Professional Series
- Horse Power
- 27 hp
- Engine Type
- 2 cylinder V-twin
- Dual hydro pumps & wheel motors
- Wheel Size
- Drive: 22 x 10 x 10 in.; Caster: 11 x 4 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal.
- Deck Size
- 52 in.
- Discharge Type